Dear Cast Families,
Our season continues to go well as we move through the third week of rehearsals. Thanks to everyone for their dedication and effort.
ACTING TIPS HOMEWORK
1. Plant: Stand with your feet comfortably apart, your arms at your sides, your hands open.
2. Plant with Expression: Practice the following expressions while you are “planted” –happy, sad, surprised, angry, scared, and then pick one expression you want to practice.
3. Walk with purpose and don’t wander when delivering lines. Practice saying your lines and singing in front of the mirror to see if you are moving with purpose or are wandering around.
4. Articulate: Speak clearly. Enunciate all consonants so the audience can understand you.
We started our Bible studies this week. If you are interested in having copies of these, just respond to this email and we will send them to you.
So far we are on schedule with our choreography and music. Please remind each cast member that they are to practice their songs and dance at home as well as any lines.
A detailed costume needs letter will be coming soon from the Costume Team. After reading the letter if you have any questions as to the type of shoes you need or accessories you need to provide, please text/ask Betty King.
All of us always strive to make C-MENT a loving, nurturing environment. However, in the event that a child is having trouble paying attention or following directions, we will have the child sit with the chaperone or call a parent in to help supervise.
I want to applaud those cast members who have come to rehearsal with their lines and songs already memorized. It makes it so much easier to block scenes and teach choreography when the scripts are not in the way. Great job!
SATURDAY REHEARSAL THIS WEEK
There is a rehearsal this Saturday, 10/19 starting promptly at 8:45 a.m. Please note that there is no parent meeting scheduled—it was mistakenly listed in the PLC bulletin.
Reminder to dress nicely in a solid color with hair done (light make-up for the girls as needed) for our photographic head shots this Sat. at 8:45 a.m.
Here are some suggestions on how to look your best in headshots:
- Avoid clothing with busy patterns, logos, and large stripes– Solid colors are best
- Sleeveless tops are not recommended; bare arms tend to photograph heavy even if you are thin
- Clothes should be wrinkle-free
- Comb hair and wear face powder if your skin is oily.
- Keep jewelry simple.
- Avoid shimmer and glitter on clothing and makeup (they don’t photograph well).
See you on Saturday!
In His Name,
Betty King, Director of C-MENT
|Cast Photos||8:45 am||All Cast|
|Sat.||10/19||Music||Review||9:00-9:45 am||All Cast|
|Dance||Review||9:45-10:30 am||All Cast|
|Break||(Please bring own water/snack)||10:30-10:45 am||All Cast|
|Run Show||ACT I, Scenes 1-3||10:45 am-12 pm||All Cast|
|Tues.||10/22||Blocking||ACT I, Sc. 4||5:30-6:00 pm||Any cast in this scene with lines.|
|Music||He is the One||6:00-6:30 pm||All Cast|
|Prayer Time||6:00-6:30 pm||Bible Leaders|
|Bible Study #2||6:30-7:00 pm||All Cast|
|Dance||He is the One||7:00-8:00 pm||All Cast|