Tuesday, May 7: Parent Meeting and Cast Headshots:
parent meeting is tomorrow, Tuesday, May 7 at 5:45 pm in the Parents Rm (back
- We will go over important information and talk about the costume pieces (i.e. shoes, tights or leggings, pants, shorts and tank tops) your child(ren) will need to have by June 1.
- This will also be a time to meet our new Director of Volunteers, Christine Rogers.
- Please make every effort to attend! Thanks in advance for your support of C-MENT in this vital capacity!
headshots will also be taken at 5:45 pm in front of the Sanctuary (weather permitting).
Please note the following suggestions from our photographer, Pam Davis (PLC
member and owner of Savoring the Sweet
- Avoid clothing with busy patterns, logos and large stripes. Solid colors are best.
- Sleeveless tops are not recommended; bare arms tend to photograph heavy even if you are thin.
- Clothes should be wrinkle-free.
- Comb hair and wear face powder if your skin is oily.
- Keep jewelry simple.
- Avoid shimmer and glitter on clothing and makeup (they don’t photograph well).
Please remember to check the rehearsal schedule frequently…the next few rehearsals are listed below as a reminder:
|5/7||Head Shots||Pam||5:45-6:00 pm||ALL CAST|
|P Rm||PARENT MEETING||Meet in Parents Rm (back of Sanctuary)||5:45-6:15 pm||All Parents|
|Bible Study #2||All||6:00-6:30 pm||ALL CAST|
|Music||Wedding Finale (Do I Love You)||6:30-7:30 pm||ALL CAST|
|Dance||Review all to date||7:30-8:00 pm||Cast dismissed at 8 pm if not in next scenes|
|Music||Corner Reprise/Fol-De-Rol/Impossible||Cinderella, Godmother|
|Stage||Blocking||Act I, Scene 7, Act II, Scene 1||8:00-9:00 pm||Cinderella, Stepmom/sisters, Godmother|
|Library||Review||Act I, Scenes 4&6/Act II Scene 4||Prince, King, Queen, Herald, Trumpeter|
|FH||Waltz Review||Ten Minutes Ago Waltz||Waltzing Couples|
|5/11||Music – Adele||Review all ensemble music||9:00-10:00 am||ALL CAST|
|Blocking review||Act I lines only||9:00-10:30 am||Leads who aren’t in current rehearsal numbers|
|Music||Do I Love You||10:00-10:30 am||Prince/Cinderella|
|Snack||All||10:30-10:45 am||ALL CAST|
|ACT I w/lines||Run Act I from beginning||10:45 am-12 pm||ALL CAST | Youngers leave at 12 pm|
|Lunch||12:00-12:30 pm||Cinder, Godmother, Horses, Coach, Foot|
|Blocking||Act II, Scene 1 Review + Songs||12:30-1:30 pm||Cinder, Godmother, Horses, Coach, Foot|
|Music||Lovely Night, Driving Thru/Possible||1:30-2:30 pm||Cinderella/Godmother/Stepmom/Sisters|
|5/14||Bible Study #3||All||6:00-6:30 pm||ALL CAST|
|Music||Review all ensemble music||6:30-7:00 pm||ALL CAST|
|Boys-Girls/Stpsisters/Do I Love||7:00-8:00 pm||King, Queen, Prince, Stepsisters|
|Review||Act I Sc.1-7||ALL CAST | Youngers leave at 8 pm|
|Act II Sc. 1 & 4||8:00-9:00 pm||Cinder, Godmother, Horses, Coach, Foot,|
|King, Queen, Prince, Herald|
If you can’t make a rehearsal, please text Cathy Pence the following information:
- Name of child.
- Date they are missing.
- Up to 3 words about why: i.e. Sick, baseball, choir, etc.
Music and Blocking
- Practice music daily (download files with link from Newsletter #1).
- Memorize all your spoken lines as soon as you can
- Think about your blocking (where you stand on stage) as you memorize your lines.
Betty King, Director